MENTOR MENTEE PROGRAMME - OVERVIEW
The Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology is committed to the recruitment and retention of excellent faculty. The purpose of Mentor Mentee System is basically to attainment of that goal and aims to assist student in maximally developing their learning environment. The Faculty strongly supports and encourages the mentoring mission which includes:
• The Academic Deputy Dean serves as an administrative mentor
• Faculty lecturers serve as programmatic mentors
• Procedures to identify and address problems in the developing stages of the learning of students
• A system for documentation established and maintained on a timely basis
The main objectives of this Mentor Mentee System include:
• Retain new students by helping them to become more familiar with the university culture, and how to accomplish their studies.
• Help current students grow and develop professionally as UNIMAS students.
• Foster a cooperative network among the students by helping those meet and network with all lecturers.
• Increase the flow of accurate and timely information through the university.
• Contribute to student morale, motivation, and a sense of community.
• Create a culture that fosters creativity and innovative thinking.